Wife's body found in the toilet; husband arrested



Voice 9, Dhaka Bureau: A week after she went missing in the Bagerhat area, police found the dead body of Firoza Begum, 39, in her home's toilet. The incident occurred on Saturday night in Dewanbati village, Karapara union, Bagerhat Sadar upazila. Md. Ali Hossain, her husband, was taken into custody by the police on suspicion of having a role in the murder.

During a preliminary interrogation, police allegedly said that Ali Hossain had strangled his wife to death. Earlier on August 3, husband Ali Hossain reported his wife missing in a general diary at the Bagerhat Sadar Model Police Station. The dead was identified as Firoza Begum, a resident of Dewanbati village and the daughter of Gafur Molla.

Arrested Ali Hossain is the son of Aziz Molla of Nagarbazar, Bagerhat city. He claimed to be a journalist and the district correspondent of a daily named Lakhokantha published in Dhaka.

According to the victim's family and locals, this is Firoza Begum's second marriage, and Ali Hossain has two previous marriages. Firoza Begum moved into her father's house with her only daughter after her divorce from her first husband. After that, Tana went 7-8 years without getting married. But one day, while doing a general diary (GD) at the police station, he met Ali Hossain Molla. Two days later, they got married without informing their families.

Read More: Bangladesh: Journalist killed after being run over by a truck in Kapasia - SANGBAD VOICE 9 English News, Latest News

Firoza had a daughter named Purnima Begum (20) in the previous house. Daughter Purnima got married at Bhandaria in Pirojpur.

Purnima, daughter of the deceased, said, "My mother got divorced seven to eight years ago because my father did not get married. Since then, he has been living alone in my house. About two years ago, when she met a man named Ali Hossain, he married her. Since the marriage, there have been quarrels. She wanted her mother's money. If they didn't, they would beat him. A few days ago, his mother bought him a motorcycle.

"Four days ago, Ali told me on the phone that when I tried to come after hearing that my mother was not being found, he told me not to come. When I was worried about my mother's disappearance, my husband came to Bagerhat with me on Saturday morning. When I got home, I went inside the house and saw new soil around the toilet. What a stench! When Ali Hossain realized this and tried to escape from the house, my husband and locals chased me and caught me.

I then called 999 and handed him over to the police. I demand exemplary punishment for my mother's killer.

Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Bagerhat Sadar Model Police Station KM Azizul Islam said, "On July 29, journalist Md. Ali Hossain's wife Firoza Begum filed a general diary with the police station saying that she had gone missing. We were investigating based on the diary. I received a 911 call on Saturday afternoon and went to the scene. We removed the lid of the toilet inside the house and found a decomposed body.

Later, we rescued journalist Ali, who was detained by the mob, and brought him to the police station. During the initial interrogation, he confessed to killing his wife. However, he will be produced in court and remanded to find out why he killed her.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad